Tuesday, January 20, 2009

An Historic Day...For Southpaws

Being unemployed I watched more than my fair share of inaguration coverage today. What a proud day in our nation's history. How great would it be to be among the millions in Washington celebrating right now?

Think of the weight of history on President Obama's shoulders. All those years of trial, persecution and discrimination. Think of all the heroes...those champions of equality that have come before him and made this dream a reality. I'm so proud of our nation. We have overcome so much. We have elected out fifth consecutive left-handed president. A great step towards equality in our nation.

The universe is saying something. Are you listening?

Left-handers rule. Literally.

2 comments:

sadie said...

As a right-hander, can I just say that I am a fan of all your people do to overcome adversity? I think I can say that without sounding prejudiced. After all, I married a left-hander. Congrats Obama.

Beckie said...

I read an interesting editorial in the paper today, pointing out how we celebrated Martin Luthor King Jr day about how not to judge according to skin color...then the next day all the headlines were like "First black president!"

Nothing about "Yet another lefty president." You should march on Washington or something.

Captcha: imess-- What Apple employees call their disorganized offices.