Friday, July 2, 2010

Shrinkage

Last summer my mom bought me a maxi dress from Target. It was perfect. I loved it. Except for one thing. It was super long. Maxi dresses are supposed to be exaggerated in length but I'm talking like inches of dress on the floor. The crazy thing was is that I'm kind of a tall person. Who was this dress made for? Sometimes my mom buys me XXL from Target because she thinks everything there runs small. So I figured it was just really big. But nope, it was just a regular ole large.

I took it to a tailor and had 4 INCHES taken off. 4 INCHES! And it still hit the floor. I've loved it and wear it all the time.

Today I found out why it was so long. I washed and dried it and when I pulled it out of the dryer it didn't seem to have as much length. I held it up to myself and it hit me about mid-calf.

Damn.

Now I'm sad. Anyone have a human shrinking technique I could try so I won't look silly in my favorite dress?

5 comments:

.:kj:. said...

Is this a testimony to the crappiness of your Lakewood dryer?? Also, your address is still a "favorite" in my GPS. I refuse to delete you.

The Buttars Family said...

Hey- I got a dress from Target as well that was the perfect length until I washed it (and I didn't even put it in the dryer)- now it is too short. I love Target's dresses-but that is incredibly lame.

sadie said...

Oh Target. How could you let us down? Same thing happened to my sister.

Tali Nay said...

why do they have to call it a maxi dress?

Nichole said...

Damn it right. I'm sorry! I'll remember that if I buy one (but pretty sure I'll look pregnant in it....so maybe I'll just let cute people like you wear them!)