Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Missionaries in a Foreign Field

Can you believe this guy?! I love my brother so much. He articulated my feelings exactly. How awesome that we are so far away from each other experiencing such different things but feeling exactly the same thing? Here's an excerpt from his last letter:

"
when everything in your life is changing, the only thing that really never does is the gospel of Jesus Christ, correct true principles given to us from god to make us happy, repentance, the atonement.the holy ghost is so amazing, our heavenly father is a smart one, I hope to always live my life in such a way where I am very aware and spiritually sensitive to the feelings and promptings I recieve. summer still changes to fall. life is still life, but life with the gospel is so much better.

In the words of the late Jimmy Eat World..."they say that love goes anywhere, in your darkest times it's just enough to know it's there"

thanks for all the love, it makes life a lot easier."

Life is still life but life with the gospel is so much better...How I wish that everyone I care about knew this. The clarity, direction and truth the gospel provides is worth everything else in this life put together.

I'm coming home soon. Strange. I've had such a great summer. Hope you have too.

"I've got a feeling, a feeling deep inside. I've got a feeling, a feeling I can't hide." -- The Beatles


2 comments:

sadie said...

That is very inspiring. Way to go, Ryan. How long has he been out now? Over a year, right?

Beckie said...

Wow, your brother sounds a LOT like you: music quotes and all. I very much enjoyed his thoughts AND their, let's say, applicability.