Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving Rap (yep that's what I said)

Bahahahahaha! These kids kill me. So I asked my students to tell me about the story of the first Thanksgiving and that if they didn’t know it then to make something up. And did these two ever make something up. They made up a rap. A Peanuts rap no less! And if you really know me you know how I feel about Peanuts. Without further ado:

"Alright yo so you think you know about the first Thanksgiving
well na na you don’t. Here’s the throw down

lil Snoop Dawg went to Compton
with a homie named Charlie BROWN!

When they saw the turkey they shot em
And laid the bird out.

When Woodstock rolled up in a caddi
Saw that his brotha was down

Pulled out two 9 millimeters
And showed the mutha effer who’s boss.

A boy rolls up who can, it be
A lil white cracka named Linus G

He saw the shoot out that went down
And he about fell to the ground

The mutha trucka grabbed a fork
And started grubbin like a little pork

He stuffed himself so big
That he looks like a pig

Yeah Boiii"

I thought about editing some of their word choices for the sake of my blog…I don’t think even some of their fake cursing is school work appropriate but I didn’t want to compromise the integrity of their work.

I couldn’t believe this.

Even though I won't miss student teaching I'll miss these kids.

3 comments:

Jalayne said...

Pretty darn creative. Apparently I don't know you that well. How do you feel about Peanuts?

sadie said...

Did they perform this for you? I hope you got it on video.

Unknown said...

inappro.

i think you will surely miss student teaching along with the kids. just wait.