Monday, August 2, 2010

100 Kinds of Crazy

Something has happened recently that has taken me from being the calm, cool, logical, not hysterical Heather you all know to being a crazy, irrational, unconfident, ultra-female version of myself. What could have caused this drastic and extremely irritating change?

His name is Jake.

Its making me so crazy that I'm blogging about it. BLOGGING, PEOPLE! I'm trying so hard to keep the crazy inside but I'm failing. And I'm failing because I'm so confused.

Here are the facts:

We were introduced online. We began to exchange emails. Which is a perfect way for someone to get to know me (beside an actual date of course) because I'm a good writer and I'm terrible on the phone. We made for really good correspondents (even though it was email and not real mail isn't there something kind of romantic about that?). He was funny, I was charming and I was very confident there was a high degree of mutual enjoyment.

As much as I was loving exchanging electronic mail with him...I didn't want an adult pen pal. So after a month and a half I began wondering if he was ever going to ask me out. Finally he did. We went. It was fantastic.

Best (only) date I've had in a long time. Maybe ever. It was just dinner which was perfect. I've gotten to an age where I no longer find going paint balling or mini golfing fun. Again I felt like we both equally enjoyed ourselves. I had no reason to not hope for a second date.

The day after our date he went out of town with his brothers for a week. I sent the traditional "day-after thank-you" text to which he responded positively and then not surprisingly I didn't hear from him for the rest of his trip.

I know by now you are thinking "So why aren't you married already?" But here's where things get grey.

A week after we went out (after he had gotten home) he engaged me in a gchat. It was friendly. Nothing special. Next morning he sent me a text. I was thrilled. Things were looking up. That night I wrangled him into a gchat. I was appropriately flirty. Nothing too forward or anything. And then....that was it. He's disappeared. Four days ago (after three days of silence) I sent him a casual inside joke kind of text. No response. Its now been a week since I've heard anything from him. I even panicked two days ago and called him. His voice mailbox was full so I couldn't leave a message.

WHAT'S GOING ON? I've imagined everything from him being out of town to having an old girlfriend come back in the picture. Of course my mind naturally assumes its something I did or said or something about me he doesn't like. But the truth is I have no idea. And I can't know. There's nothing more I can do without appearing like the desperate, hysterical crazy girl that I currently feel like I am.

I told my mom that maybe he's the roof top killer. I could be dead.

I just really don't like feeling this way. Whatever it is I just want to know. Knowing is always better than not knowing.

I can't believe I'm so pathetic I just wrote this long blog about it. Somebody help me.

4 comments:

Tali Nay said...

he couldn't possibly be the rooftop killer. i think it's more possible that the rooftop killer nabbed HIM. (why didn't jean stapleton & co ever think of that?)

Melissa E Photography said...

I don't know what the kid is thinking, but I DO know that waiting around for some kind of response will drive ANY woman crazy.

I would call him a dirty name, but if he is lying in a ditch dead somewhere I would feel guilty.

.:kj:. said...

you're not pathetic. this is the rational response anyone would have. maybe he thinks YOU are the rooftop killer. (who is this rooftop killer, anyway?)

Nichole said...

I've decided that guys have such a different time schedule than girls. It doesn't matter who the guy is - dad, brother, coworker, husband, boyfriend - they don't call when you need them to and don't understand when you're mad, because to them - it's not a big deal. Something was going on...or something like that tends to be their excuse.
It's hilarious actually, but not really.
So, honestly, yes - freak out, but hopefully, he's just busy or maybe out of town, again, or maybe lost his phone or something even more dramatic. Hopefully he'll come back from his 'whatever-ness' and call you back, email you back, text you back, contact you on gchat, and explain what's been going on. You deserve that. It seems like you've been building a friendship, and it doesn't really make sense that this would happen. He 'seems' (from what you've explained here)like a respectable guy and not a sketch-meister (I haven't met him or anything - but I trust you!)

I'm sorry Barb. I really hope it works out in the end, because I'd like to hear more about him!