Friday, March 2, 2012

Scene from a friendship

Jill got a laptop this month. The following is our gchat from our respective rooms last night.

This is how we talk now:

10:28 PM Jill: can you make a word out of these letters? ENPPELIZ
10:29 PM me: Penile? Who are you playing? That's not very appropriate
haha
Jill: haha no you have to use all of the letters
it's that drawing game...
me: zepplin
zipline
10:30 PM zeppelin is it
Jill: What the crap is that?
me: a blimp
10:31 PM Jill: I was going to say that he drew a blimp...
is that another word for a blimp? weird!
10:32 PM me: blimps and zeppelins aren't actually the same thing but its the closest thing to compare it to
a blimp is what you see floating above a baseball game advertising good year
a zeppelin was used as a form of air travel before planes became really popular
10:33 PM zeppelin's turned out to be a bad idea because they were filled with hydrogen which is highly flammable
pretty dangerous way to travel
Jill: well I'm happy to say that I've learned something new today.
me: so glad you have a computer now so we can really talk to each other.
10:34 PM Jill: are you copying this from a website?
me: no
I'm a history teacher
Jill: you so smat
me: was that on purpose?
Jill: yes
me: whatev

I promise we're still not gay.

2 comments:

sadie said...

wow. i think i got a lot dumber after having kids. ok who am i kidding, i was always this dumb.

BeckieB said...

What about a zephyr? Educate me.