Monday, September 22, 2008

The Middle Way

Two thoughts that I don't have time right now to fully realize but I wanted to put down real fast:

1. If you're not uncomfortable you're not growing. If you are not growing you're decomposing, atrophying. There is no standing still in any aspect of life you're either moving foward or backwards.

2. In accordance with Buddhism, and Mormonism I believe that any extreme is a form of self-indulgence. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing. Even something like excersise, education, or family...in the extreme it becomes self-indulgence. Savvy?

Peace and Love,

HH

1 comment:

Beckie said...

You know, once we looked it up and the phrase "Moderation in all things" does not appear in any of the standard works, nor was it said on any record we found of General Conference or anything.

But it's not a bad idea.

Well...Except for that scripture that says "I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth." (Rev. 3:16)

Hmm? ;)