Saturday, January 23, 2010

Men Behaving Badly in the Work Place

Two things men have done to make me really uncomfortable this week:

1. I had to go talk to the over-tanned, crocodile shoe wearing police officer that works at my school about a truant student and while I was talking to him he glanced at my chest at least 3 times. And not just a quick peek either. Totally inappro. When his eyes would leave my face I would forget what I was talking about and feel...ashamed...I can't think of another word for it. That sucks. And isn't fair, that that stupid man who knows nothing about me could make me feel like that...IN THE WORK PLACE.

2. There's a kid I tutor at Sylvan Learning Center who's a senior. In general I like working with the older kids more. I'm better at and its more fun for me. This kid is pretty bright he's just a poor reader. I've enjoyed working with him but recently have been suspicious that maybe he's harboring a teacher crush. My suspicions were confirmed in a highly inappropriate manner when the other day when I was helping a student on me left, I felt a foot rub up against my leg on my right. I whipped around and gave him a "What do you think you're doing?!" And he just smiled and said he was just kidding. Yikes. I thought he was almost done with his time at the tutoring center and I wouldn't have to stress about anymore teacher crush behavior. But alas, I found out he's still got quite a few hours to go. Sigh.


4 comments:

Tali Nay said...

awful! i'm dealing with that this week at a stupid work event where the guy sitting next to me (my assigned 'partner' for the event) is this pervy guy who flew in from belgium. the only thing worse than pervy guys is pervy european guys. and when he stares at my chest (not that there's really much to stare at), it's seriously embarassing.

Melissa E Photography said...

It's just because you're hot.

sadie said...

That is funny. Sorry, but it is. Just remember Sue's motto next time and you won't be so annoyed.

.:kj:. said...

@Tali: does a non-pervy european man exist?

@Heather: not to toot my own horn, but I've suspected several teacher crushes, both from male and female teachers. AND I've heard one creepy kid say something about my chest. Ugh.