Friday, March 14, 2008

Should I be afraid to go to sleep?

I'm a vivid dreamer. Not always, it kind of cycles. There will be a few weeks where I don't remember dreams and then a few weeks where I sit up shake my head and have to remind myself of what my reality consists of...

So last night I had a dream that I had a baby. Not a super unusual dream for me to have and considering that Sadie is very soon going to issue a child it's understandable that my subconscious might be thinking about babies...Anyway this baby was a little weird. He had very thick very dark hair accompanied by a pretty serious widow's peak. He was cute, I mean, he was a baby, but then it got a little weirder. I tried to nurse him (kind of weird that I dreamed that right?) and he wouldn't nurse. That worried me cause baby's gotta eat. Luckily through some sort of strange dream logic I realized that he woulnd't eat my milk but he could be sustained by my...blood. Not by eating it (that would be really messed up) but by getting it intravenously. And it had to be mine beacuse like my breast milk it contained nutrients and antibodies that other sources couldn't provide. And what's really weird is that I was relieved that I had found a way to feed my baby.

I woke up realizing that I had just dreamed that I had given birth to a vampire. Weirdness Happens in my sub-Consciousness.

"Vampires never have to complain of living a dull circumstance. So lets all pretend that we are undead in turn of the century France" -- The Brobecks

1 comment:

sadie said...

You're dream was sounding all too familiar: troubles nursing, weird widow's peak...and then you got to the vampire part. I'm afraid I'm not quite that weird.

Hopefully, our baby isn't a vampire, but if he is I'll need more details on how to feed him later.