Friday, March 28, 2008

I (heart) JM

I realize that to anyone reading this blog who knows me (Sadie) the title of this post is obvious and redundant. I love him for many reasons but this is just one of them*...

Read his March 27, 2008 post titled "From the heart..."

http://www.johnmayer.com/blog

Remember my Valentine's blog and subsequent posts where I tried to say that I think we could all be happy if we stopped thinking about ourselves so much and just lived our lives? Well he said it better here. It's ok to be happy, it's ok to be sad. It's ok to be scared and care about other people and what they think about you. I just hate seeing people who, like he said, act so bada** but one sentence can bring them to tears. Why are they so scared to feel? I'm not excluding myself from this as much as I'd like to make you think that I'm a bada**. My wish for humanity is that we can all be REAL with each other. And to me being real with someone means letting them know that you CARE and their real response would be to care about you. Maybe in a perfect world...which may come sooner rather than later (I bet JM doesn't know that).

I hope this doesn't perpetuate the emo feel of my last post. I'm just a white girl with a lot of heart and free time at work ok?

*I realize that John is a little arrogant and self-indulgent. I still love him in spite of this. I wonder what that says about me.

"But this morning there's a calm I can't explain, rock candy's melted only diamonds now remain." -- John Mayer


1 comment:

sadie said...

Gotta heart that JM. I swear you two were MFEO.