Monday, February 11, 2008

Joining the Ranks

So I've decided to stop resisting and join the ranks of millions of people who think that other people want to hear what they have to say. I don't know why I've avoided it for so long...I have friends who blog and I enjoy reading them I guess it just seems kind of weird to me to (in a way) be writing for an audience. Although if I don't tell anyone I have a blog I guess I'm just writing it for me. And that's ok because for one reason or another I've stopped writing in a journal and sometimes I've got so much buzzing around in my head that I need an outlet. Sometimes I try to talk out my thoughts with my friends but often I get an uninterested look or worse a look that makes me question my sanity. If I write these thoughts out here I don't have to see anyone's looks. Isn't technology great? Here's one more place we can alienate ourselves from each other. So here's to self-importance, alienation and text-based verbal vomit. And that's Why Heather Chooses to blog.
Keep it real...

*I recognize that a lot of people blog to keep their friends and family updated with whats going on in their lives and if used for that purpose blogging is far from alienating but, for me, it still leaves me with an uncomfortable feeling that I think I'm important enough that people want to log on to their computers and read about me...oh well, no one's putting a gun to your head right?

1 comment:

sadie said...

I knew I'd get you if I worked on you hard enough. Isn't peer pressure a beautiful thing?

I look forward to reading your thoughts and watching the wheels turn in your head.