Friday, February 29, 2008

Tagged

So apparently I've been "tagged" by my friend Jalayne which I guess is the blogger equivalent of getting poked on Facebook...getting a forward in email...getting a chain letter in real mail...and getting tagged in the game of tag. According to Jalayne I'm supposed to share eight things about myself....Here goes:

1. I like expensive shoes. Comfort, quality, style and longevity really matter to me and you just can't get it with a $15 pair of shoes. I'd rather pay $60 for a pair of shoes that I can wear for years than $15 for a pair that will be trashed after a season. I could probably say that the degree of love I have for each pair of shoes in my closet corresponds directly with how much they cost. The more they cost the more I love them. I can't help myself. (There are other products that I like to pay more for some of these are: make-up, bras, and coats, also cheese and chocolate).

2. I have a fear of...my feet leaving the ground? Maybe it's better described as a fear of falling. It's not a fear of heights because I can stand on a ledge and look over and not be scared but I don't like doing anything where my feet leave the ground. This includes, any sort of diving or jumping from things, rock climbing, climbing a ladder, and doing lifts when I'm country dancing. I can even remember walking on the top of a wall and there being a little gap that I had to jump over (seriously I don't think it was wider than my stride) but I didn't think I could do it. I was scairt.

3. I have a very low tolerance for potty talk. I'm not very prudish and don't really squirm at talking about other private-like topics but I can't handle bathroom talk. Specifically number two. I don't understand why people love to talk about pooing and farts so much. I'd prefer to pretend it doesn't happen.

4. I'm proud that I'm left-handed. Maybe even annoyingly so. I'm a white, middle class American which kind of scores low on the diversity scale so I'm glad that I can be in the 10% of left-handers in the world. I just assume that I'm more creative and clever than the average right-hander, also more healthy and altogether more dexterous. If I lost my left arm I'd be able to function way better than a right-hander would if they lost their dominant arm. Sometimes I treat it like a disability and make people open my cans of soup, or cut things out for me. If I can't do something well (calligraphy) I blame it on being left-handed.

5. I don't really like cold cereal. It get's gross and soggy, it's never very filling and it disurbs me when it turns my milk blue, brown or whatever.


6. I'm a sucker for nature shows. BBC's Planet Earth is absolute genius! I love it so much that my dreams are narrated by David Attenbourough (not really but I Wish He was their Commentator). I'll be channel surfing and catch a glimpse of a lion chasing a gazelle or a mama bear nursing her cub and I'm hooked. I just love to be reminded of the beauty and complexity of God's creations and it's proof enough for me that nothing is an accident.

7. I'm a little bit of a kleptomaniac. I'm not proud of it but sometimes I just like to take things. Or keep things that don't belong to me. I realize that this is pretty serious but I justify it by telling myself that it won't be missed (like a small toy from a happy meal on the floor of a friend's car) or that it's fair for me to keep something of someone's because that same thing had been taken from me (like a pair of scissors). To me its a form of Karma. I can't really see too many who agree with me though. I'll work on it ok?

8. My iPod's name is Ichabod, and he's one of my best friends. Ichabod is like a little window into my soul. My life was pretty sad a dreary before he came (musically at least). And now, I can't imagine life without him.


So there you go. I wonder if I told anybody anything they didn't already know.

Oh and I tag Sadie and Beckie

"Someday I'll fly, someday I'll soar. Someday I'll be something much more. Cause I'm bigger than my body gives me credit for..." John Mayer

1 comment:

sadie said...

No, I didn't learn anything new, but I was reminded of your left-handed cockiness. You need to watch that. Ever heard of Hitler? I swear, soon you'll be asking for all right-handers to cut off their arms. Give us a break.